Taxes - where are t...

Notifications
Clear all

Taxes - where are they reflected in withdrawals?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tman9999)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

I'm a new Gold user and still learning Gold 2.9. I'm puzzled by the Summary in Tabular Projections, and the way it is accounting for Fed and Stat Income taxes - I don't see those coming out of my investment or cash accounts. Or?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Federal and State income taxes are calculated and then treated as expenses, which then affects cash flow. Positive and negative cash flows always pass through your Cash account first and when that would drive the Cash balance above the ceiling level or below the floor level, then your other accounts are affected. Please read the section in the user manual called "Modeling of Accounts and Cash Flow" for more information.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@tman9999)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Many thanks, Stuart. I figured that must be the case - I just couldn't see the ins/outs of the cash balance. I'll give that section another readthrough.

Maybe I'll try setting the floor/ceiling to 0 to see if that will provide a bit more visibility of what's happening. I'm trying to see how the numbers tie out across a given year:

opening portfolio balance+income+ssa+annual_port_returns-expenses-taxes=closing portfolio balance

ReplyQuote
Share: