Clear all

Missing "Growth of HSA" metric?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ilovemybeagles)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

I see “Growth of ...” metrics under Tabular Projections>View Management>Account Growth for every account type except “Health Savings Accounts”. I do see its “Health Savings Accounts” mate, however, under Tabular Projections>View Management>Account Balances.

I was wondering if this Growth metric simply wasn’t available in PRC or if I’ve misconfigured something to preclude its visibility. I note three “Reserved” columns in my View Management "Account Growth" section and was curious if one of these might have been intended for HSA had I not done something wrong (not sure what "Reserved" indicates). I also wanted to confirm that I do have "Real ROR" and "Standard Deviation" values specified in the Health Savings Account section on the Financial Assets>Asset Classes page.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I did make a good-faith attempt at searching the manual and the forum but couldn’t find any reference to this (missing?) value.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

David,

You haven't done anything wrong. The three "Reserved" columns are for spouse accounts and are shown as "reserved" if your marital status is single. The HSA growth column isn't available in PRC2021. This is an oversight and I'm making a note to include it in the 2022 model but doubt if I'll change it in 2021 (making changes in this area is very touchy and not worth the risk of an error that affects lots of users).

ReplyQuote
(@cstone)
Member Admin

Greetings...in follow-up on this topic, just a heads up. I am using PRC2022.1.1 and see the HSA Growth % correctly filled in on Tablular Projections/Growth. The HSA Growth $ column is present, but empty. However, under the Summary tab, the HSA Balance seems correct (prior year balance * (1 + growth %) + contribution amount. In my case, 2021 balance is $40K, nominal growth is 8%, $ of growth shows as $0 (apparently an oversight), 2022 contribution is $5K, new balance is $48,200 which is exactly $40K * (1 + 8%) + $5000.

So it appears that $ Growth are calculated but not displayed. Also I note that for some assets, the current year additions & withdrawals are partially included in the growth calc (say 50%) but apparently not for the HSA and maybe other assets. There is a description of the growth calc in the 2021 gold manual on pages 36-37.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@cstone Thanks, Charles, you're right regarding the display of HSA growth and that has just been corrected in v1.8.

Current year additions and withdrawals are not included in growth calculations. When the term "growth" is used in PRC, it strictly refers to the change in the account balance associated with the rate of return; deposits and withdrawals are handled separately.

ReplyQuote
Share: